Emerging Markets Advisors Ltd. (EGMA) is specialised on consulting investments and financial arrangements in the emerging markets. This relates both to projects of the capital goods exports as well as direct productive investments.
EGMA offers to its clients services which include among others identification of suitable investors and financiers, designing appropriate financial arrangements and risk management measures.
EGMA acts as an independent advisor in a close and good cooperation with domestic and international financial and guarantee institutions.
EGMA’s advisory work has focused on industries such as forest industry, port development, different manufacturing industries and energy production including renewable energy.
The Founder and Managing Director Markku Pekonen has wide experience and track record of forty years on the activities of the private sector investments and finance in the emerging markets. This covers Asia including China, countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the Russian Federation.
During professional service of the World Bank and Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation (FINNFUND) in the years 1976-2001 and later as a private advisor in EGMA until to date his experience includes the following:
• Profound knowledge of the global development banking (e.g. the World Bank, IFC, EBRD, EIB);
• Investment activities of the Finnish industries in the emerging markets;
• Versatile and long project experience (about 300 realised projects);
• Many-sided geographical experience (investments in about 40 emerging countries);
• Board membership and work in the projects concerned;
• Long-standing cooperation in financing and guaranteeing with a broad number of both private and public institutions around the world.